The primary and priority use of the Jacksonville Public Library Meeting Room is for conducting official business of the Library and the City of Jacksonville. All meetings held must be open to the public and must not be for the sole purpose of selling products or services.
The fact that a group is permitted to meet does not constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs by Jacksonville Public Library or the City of Jacksonville.
- Library meetings and activities
- Activities co-sponsored by the library or activities conducted by groups whose primary purpose is to support the library
- City of Jacksonville activities and meetings
- Children/youth groups/organizations involved in literacy or educational programs
- Activities sponsored by community based charitable and other non-profit organizations - 501C3 documentation or other proof of non-profit status may be required
- All other activities - see fee schedule on left
Reserving the Library's Meeting Rooms
- At least one(1) week, but no more than three(3) months, in advance of the meeting, the Group Sponsor should come to the library to fill out a request form.
- The Group Sponsor must be at least 21 years of age; sponsor can be a group member or parent/guardian sponsor of a teen's or children's group.
- Groups may have no more than two(2) meetings on the schedule at any one time.
- All meetings must be during regular business hours of Jacksonville Public Library.
- Cancellations must be made no more than three(3) days in advance of a scheduled meeting or the room fees may be forfeited.
For groups of children under age 12, there must be at least one(1) adult aged 21 or older for every ten(10) children.