How do I participate?
Participation is easy! All you have to do is sign up and read some great books!
All you need is a library card!
You can preregister online from May 10th — May 25th at noon. Be sure to include your library card number on the online form, and don't forget to stop by the library when the program begins on May 30th to get a dot on your library card to begin participating.
If you missed online registration, you can still sign up at the library from May 30th — July 6th. Just bring your library card and a parent/guardian and stop at the desk to get started.
Don’t have a library card? No Problem! Check out the library's Membership FAQs page to find out how you can get a library card.
There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when you select books to read this summer.
- Books checked out before May 30th do not count.
- Books you have read before do not count.
- You must have your library card with you to check out books.
- Books have to be on (or above) your reading level and checked out on your card.
- If a child cannot read, older relatives may read age appropriate books to them.
- You can earn 1 “bonus book” for reading 5 books to a younger sibling who cannot read if he/she is also participating in the Children’s Summer Reading Program.
- For longer or chapter books, every 50 pages counts as 1 book, but extra pages cannot be applied to other books.
- eBooks checked out from Camellia Net count as 1 book, and may only account for half of your reading goal. (Proof of checkout is required)
- Audio books are not counted as books.
What kinds of programs are scheduled for this summer?
Kick off the fun with “Animal Architects” presented by Animal Tales on Friday, June 2nd at 2pm featuring exotic animals that build to survive in the wild! Then get ready for lots of other fun Friday programs such as “Build a Better Mousetrap” with Magic Man Bill Packard, Learn to Draw with Illustrator Michael White, and more! Be sure to check check out the calendar to see a full list of events for the whole family.
In addition to the Fantastic Friday Entertainment, we are bringing back the popular Lunch Munch Movies on Wednesday afternoons at 12pm. Bring your lunch and enjoy a FREE family friendly movie on the library's big screen!
We are also doing something extra special for our Super Story Times on Thursdays at 10am! After the stories, the two groups (ages 0 to 6 and ages 7 & up) will come together for some fun building activities!
All library programs are free, unless otherwise specified.
There is no admittance to programs after the first 15 minutes and/or when the room has reached capacity.